maandag 9 juli 2012

Stem

Vandaag kreeg ik van een vriend een muziekfragment. 
Het was een nummer van Frank Sinatra, Body & Soul.
Nu is Frank S. van voor mijn tijd, maar dat waren Paus Gregorius, Camille Saint-Saëns en Vera Lynn ook.
Geen reden om er niet van te genieten dus, want een fenomenale stem had Sinatra wel. 


Body & Soul.



My heart is sad and lonely 
For you I sigh, just for you only, 
Why haven't you seen it? 
I'm all for you, body and soul! 

I spent my days in longing 
And wondering why, why it's me that you're wronging? 
I tell you that I mean it 
I'm all for you, body and soul! 

I can't believe it, it's hard to conceive it 
That you turn away romance 
Are you pretending? Because it looks like the ending 
Unless I could have one more chance to prove dear... 

My life a wreck you're making 
You know I'm yours just for the taking 
I would gladly surrender, 
Surrender myself to you, body and soul! 

My life a wreck you're making 
You know I'm yours, I'm yours for just the taking 
I would gladly surrender... myself to you 
Body and soul!... 

Songwriters: BARRY, PAUL MICHAEL / SIMPSON, PHIL




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten